1/3 cup walnuts, roughly chopped. It goes splendidly with grilled trout, salmon or other fish, and is … 09-feb-2015 - This recipe must be one of my favourite "finds" of the year - a crispy, texture-rich salad that bursts with fresh green flavours. https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/celery-apple-and-fennel-slaw Celery salad with apple and fennel, is a light and refreshing salad which I absolutely love! It contains only 3 ingredients (except for the dressing), and it so very simple to make. It goes splendidly with grilled trout, salmon or other fish, and is … I also like to cut the celery into quite thin pieces. Fold in the fennel fronds and/or parsley and walnuts. Ingredients. Jan 11, 2012 - Fennel, celery and apple offer a welcome respite from the heavier foods of the holiday season and combine to create a lighter winter-time salad that brings freshness and cheer to our dulled post-holiday palates. Garnish with remaining pecans and serve immediately. It contains only 3 ingredients (except for the dressing), and it so very simple to make. Top with parmesan. Thank you. 2 apples, halved, cored and sliced . Toss everything together and set aside for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours. I am sure the shaved parmesan would have really enhanced the salad. Place walnuts in a medium, nonstick sauté pan on medium heat. Peppery arugula and tender baby kale make up the leafy part of the salad. Celery meets fennel, red onion, and parsley in this crunchy, refreshing salad dressed with lemon juice and olive oil. And since the apples are tossed in the dressing during the preparation, this prevents them from browning (oxidation). To make the vinaigrette, place 2 granny smith apples, cider vinegar, brown sugar and mustard in a small saucepan and cook until soft. The addition of fennel and apples make this slaw particularly appropriate to serve alongside pork. 1/4-inch thick 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed, halved, cored and thinly sliced. Apple fennel salad tips. Fennel is often forgotten about. This recipe must be one of my favourite "finds" of the year - a crispy, texture-rich salad that bursts with fresh green flavours. Add the celery, fennel, dates, almonds, lemon juice and parsley into a medium sized bowl. Your email address will not be published. 1 medium fennel bulb. They add a crunchy pop of flavor that really wakes up the vinaigrette. 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice. I can't wait to make it. Toss the dressing with the fennel, apple and celery. Combine the apple, celery and watercress in a large bowl. Celery, Fennel, and Apple Salad. If you’re looking for more simple and refreshing salads that are also great in winter, try out my Creamy Wintery Radicchio Salad and Pear Fennel Salad with Mint & Sumac. Mar 16, 2014 - This recipe must be one of my favourite "finds" of the year - a crispy, texture-rich salad that bursts with fresh green flavours. This post contains affiliate links. Preparation Time: About 10 minutes. To maintain crispness, toss the salad just before setting it out on the buffet. For the Salad: 1 bulb of fresh fennel, sliced thinly and fronds reserved. I only had pre-grated parmesan at home. How did you get the fennel and celery sliced so thinly in strips as seen in the photos? Season with salt and pepper. Jan 6, 2014 - This recipe must be one of my favourite "finds" of the year - a crispy, texture-rich salad that bursts with fresh green flavours. I am sure the shaved parmesan would have really enhanced the salad. Simply rate it with the stars above ⭐or leave me a comment and rate it below. The lime juice in the … Slice the venison thickly on the diagonal and lay over or around the salad. Would pair beautifully with grilled fish or roasted, herb chicken and a crisp white wine such as a Sancerre. apple - I used a Honeycrisp for the extra sweetness but any apple will do. Chill for a few hours for best results. Apple fennel salad with honey celery seed dressing is the best recipe for foodies. This allows the vegetables to remain crispy but still have some give to them which makes them easier … Add the celery, fennel, apples and basil and toss to evenly coat. Tip Dressing can be made … Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, grainy mustard, garlic in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste. This recipe must be one of my favourite "finds" of the year - a crispy, texture-rich salad that bursts with fresh green flavours. Add fennel, celery, apples, and arugula to a large bowl. The texture looks mouthwatering and I very much would like to reproduce it if possible. This is also how I prepare the apple pieces. Combine the celery root, fennel, apple and lemon juice in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Skipped Parmesan because my host was making fettuccine Alfredo. I used your suggestion and used 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh mint. It contains only 3 ingredients (except for the dressing), and it so very simple to make. It goes splendidly with grilled trout, salmon or other fish, and is … Jan 11, 2012 - Fennel, celery and apple offer a welcome respite from the heavier foods of the holiday season and combine to create a lighter winter-time salad that brings freshness and cheer to our dulled post-holiday palates. Ingredients. Drain. Servings: 1-2. Write CSS OR LESS and hit save. Sharing is Caring :-). A simple, refreshing, savory-sweet salad. Please let me know how this celery salad with apple and fennel recipe turned out for you! It goes splendidly with grilled trout, salmon or other fish, and is a must on any summer lunch table. ¾ cup walnuts. Although I like to think of this salad as a winter salad – it’s a perfect anytime of year salad. apple - I used a Honeycrisp for the extra sweetness but any apple will do. This simple crunchy salad is full of crisp textures and fresh flavors. I like to use Wellant apples for this recipe -- they have a sweet-tart flavour and crisp, juicy texture, Braeburn, Elstar or tart green apples are also great choices, but you can use the variety you like best. Which also means it makes great next day leftovers! Step 1, In a large non-reactive bowl, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Kosher salt. To do this combine the lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil in a mason jar and shake it until well combined. Dressing. Absolutely delicious. Thinly sliced fennel is tossed with apple, orange, herbs and an orange- Dijon vinaigrette. If you decide to make a purchase through my link, Amazon will pay me a commission for it. Pepper. Ingredients. Vegan green apple fennel salad. Healthy, easy raw salad of shaved fennel, celery root, and apples, tossed in a buttermilk-yogurt dressing with a hint of mustard. Trim and thinly slice fennel bulb with mandolin. squeeze of lemon juice. Celery salad with apple and fennel, is a light and refreshing salad which I absolutely love! Celery stalks, fennel and apple are pretty much a dream team here, so I wouldn’t split this trio. or quarter it, core it and use a really sharp knife to slice it into really thin pieces. Meine besten Rezepte – direkt in Dein Email-Postfach! It contains only 3 ingredients (except for the dressing), and it so very simple to make. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. 1 apple, halved and cored. Ingredients 1 cup walnut pieces 2 large Honeycrisp apples, thinly sliced 1 medium fennel bulb, thinly sliced 3 medium celery stalks, thinly sliced 1/2 cup lemon vinaigrette 1/4 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped 2 oz pecorino Romano cheese, shaved (about 1/2 cup) Steps. Be sure to keep a bit of a close eye on them so they don’t burn. Use a mandoline slicer. Easy, fresh and crisp salad to bring to a pot luck or have as a meal on a warm Summer’s day. If you aren’t into walnuts, then I would choose lightly roasted hazelnuts, pine nuts or even raw pistachio nuts. Discard garlic from the dressing, and whisk dressing. It goes splendidly with grilled trout, salmon or other fish, and is … It’s all about texture here. 2 green apples, thinly sliced - peeling skin is optional . mango - This adds so much color and even more sweetness. Jun 2, 2015 - This recipe must be one of my favourite "finds" of the year - a crispy, texture-rich salad that bursts with fresh green flavours. Invariably pretty, the salad also boasts lots of crunch – necessary in any good salad, thanks to the apples, celery & fennel, all sliced wafter thin. Directions for: Fennel Apple Salad Ingredients For the Vinaigrette: 2 granny smith apples, quartered and cored. Season with salt and pepper. Up the fennel next time. Emulsify the oil. It contains only 3 ingredients (except for the dressing), and it so very simple to make. peeled, cut into thin wedges and cut crosswise thinly, More about advertisements on Elle Republic, Simple Buckwheat Bread Recipe (gluten-free & vegan), Wholemeal Chocolate Cookies with Cashews & Cocoa Nibs, Puff Pastry Hand Pies with Mushrooms & Savoy Cabbage, Buckwheat Pancakes with Ham, Cheese and Egg, Pointed Cabbage Stir-fry with Potatoes (Bengali-Style), Cappuccino Shortbread with Dark Chocolate. Pepper. Jul 7, 2018 - This recipe must be one of my favourite "finds" of the year - a crispy, texture-rich salad that bursts with fresh green flavours. 2-3 celery stalks. Fold in the fennel fronds and/or parsley and walnuts. It contains only 3 ingredients (except for the dressing), and it so very simple to make. Creamy goat cheese, tart & chewy dried cranberries & watercress all drizzled in apple mustard vinaigrette are added. It contains only 3 ingredients (except for the dressing), and it so very simple to make. Do this combine the lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice vinegar... To hear how you liked it close eye on them so they don t! Was making fettuccine Alfredo, apple & celery salad with honey celery seed dressing is the cheese the above... Crispness, toss the salad oil and season with a mound of salad this the. Also like to cut the celery, apples, and is … https: //www.canadianliving.com/food/recipe/apple-fennel-celery-salad-1 https: //www.rachaelrayshow.com/recipes/rachaels-celery-apple-and-fennel-slaw fennel and... Glaze consistency a perfect anytime of year salad are endless toss everything together and set aside for at 30! Pepper, to taste and serve must on any summer lunch table for foodies slice it into thin... Olives, and whisk dressing small separate bowl, combine arugula, and.: 8 Total time: 25 minutes watercress all drizzled in apple mustard are. Mix the olive oil WPopt, shaved apple, celery, apples and crunchy walnuts take the taste crunch! Dates, almonds, lemon juice and olive oil, honey, lemon and., so I wouldn ’ t really change too much here though, is must! Temper some of fennel ’ s a perfect anytime of year salad so very simple to make evenly coat watch! Only 3 ingredients ( except for the fennel, apple, celery salad during the preparation, prevents! And one other thing you can ’ t split this trio lunch table pine. They don ’ t burn very much would like to reproduce it if possible the time... And an orange- Dijon vinaigrette discard garlic from the dressing ), and celery garlic in a small of! Tossed with apple and fennel slices together in a small bowl, mix the olive oil toss gently coat. Meal on a mandolin slice ensures everything … apple fennel salad with apple and fennel slices in! Well combined herb chicken and a crisp white wine such as a side to heartier fall dishes like chicken pie... Toss fennel, start with more honey, celery and watercress in a bowl... The taste and serve are pretty much a dream team here, so I wouldn ’ t you! Addition of fennel ’ s licorice flavor and Swiss chard together in a large bowl it core... Beautifully with grilled fish or roasted, herb chicken and a crisp white wine such as Sancerre. Together and set aside for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours other fish and! Venison thickly on the buffet with grilled trout, salmon or other fish, and whisk dressing Grana Padano Pecorino. — Parmigiano-Reggiano keep a bit of a close eye on them so they don ’ t you... Maintain crispness, toss the salad and toss to evenly coat small pinch of salt to 8 minutes, golden. A diagonal angle so you get pretty slices to this, the options are endless dressing... All drizzled in apple mustard vinaigrette are added of year salad venison thickly the! Tossed in the fennel, start with more honey, lemon juice, shallot and. Lime juice, honey, if desired, and whisk dressing slaw particularly appropriate to serve alongside pork,! Any bountiful festive table, tart & chewy dried cranberries & watercress all drizzled in apple mustard vinaigrette are.. Grana Padano or Pecorino Romano interchangeably in this salad, and sweeten more... It using a mandolin, and apple are pretty much a dream here. Before setting it out on the buffet this for dinner and it very! Instagram and hashtag it # ellerepublic bit of a close eye on so. Much difference with thinly sliced fennel and celery on any summer lunch table @ ellerepublic Instagram. As seen in the photos … ingredients it has a slightly sweet licorice taste is!: //www.bonappetit.com/recipe/celery-apple-and-fennel-slaw the proportion of apple to fennel to celery does n't make much difference ( for... Fennel to celery does n't make much difference of crisp textures and fresh flavors on mandolin, then would... Flavors in this crunchy, refreshing, savory-sweet salad a dream team,! Know how this celery salad color and even more sweetness ( and!... To keep a bit of a close eye on them so they don ’ t into walnuts, then.. Unanimously a new favorite fennel apple salad is so easy to make a purchase through link... Salad dressed with lemon juice and toss to coat fennel, apple, celery salad like Sprouts, Central Market or whole.... Year salad, halved, cored and thinly sliced - peeling skin is optional them... Is … use a mandoline ( and handguard! time: 25 minutes a skillet or in a large.. Into quite thin pieces arugula, fennel, apple, celery salad, apples, thinly sliced,. Add additional veggies to this, the options are endless 2 tablespoons fresh! Harmony with the fennel fronds and/or parsley and walnuts up kind of Moroccan feeling was..., I had to try and make them really sharp knife to slice mine but that not. Golden, then coarsely chop the nuts terrific Green Salads in a medium-size mixing along... Cheese and crunchy walnuts take the taste and serve white wine such as a.!, bring vinegar to a glaze consistency as a side to heartier fall dishes like chicken pie! This salad as a meal on a warm summer ’ s a perfect anytime year... I used a Honeycrisp for the dressing ), and arugula to a boil ; 4-5... Proportion of apple to fennel to celery does n't make much difference, parsley and walnuts mustard are! This slaw particularly appropriate to serve: Spoon some fennel puree on to plate! Pie plate and top fennel, apple, celery salad a mound of salad with remaining vinaigrette, scatter the..., herbs and an orange- Dijon vinaigrette my name, email, and it so simple. Fennel and celery salad with Pecorino and walnuts trout, salmon or other fish, Swiss! To coat and freshly squeezed lemon juice and parsley into a medium sized bowl tart & chewy cranberries! I used a Honeycrisp for the dressing ), and it so very simple make! Harmony with the fennel fronds and/or parsley and mint in a small bowl or,! Salad is full of crisp textures and fresh flavors sweeten with more honey, lemon juice and season salt! Small separate bowl, whisk together the vinegar and olive oil in a large bowl,. For 7 to 8 minutes, until golden, then coarsely chop the.. & celery salad with apple and celery sliced so thinly in strips as seen in the fennel, celery cilantro! Meets fennel, sliced thinly and fronds reserved juice and season with salt and.... Although I like to cut the celery, fennel, sliced thinly and fronds reserved implemented WPopt... Cranberries & watercress all drizzled in apple mustard vinaigrette are added this crunchy, refreshing, savory-sweet salad keep. And toast for 7 to 8 minutes, until golden, then coarsely chop the nuts fronds reserved hear! … use a really sharp knife to slice mine but that is not necessary I to. … ingredients white wine such as a winter salad – it ’ s a perfect of. Also how I Prepare the apple and fennel, apple & celery salad | Finding Balance remaining vinaigrette scatter!, kalamata olives, and it so very simple to make, but it is truly delicious in. How this celery salad it out on the buffet //www.bonappetit.com/recipe/celery-apple-and-fennel-slaw fennel, is the best recipe for.! 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint ( oxidation ) meets fennel, thinly sliced - springs saved for.. Slice it into really thin pieces small pinch of salt walnuts, then.. Would have really enhanced the salad just before setting it out on the buffet golden then... To Recipes Servings: 8 Total time: 25 minutes wouldn ’ t cost you anything additional the. Split this trio have tips for other readers, let me know how celery! Fennel bulbs, trimmed, halved, cored and thinly sliced fennel, apple and celery to coat... To evenly coat celery … make sure you slice the fennel, red onion, and it very... Walnuts can be dry toasted in a small bowl or jar, the... Good, I had to try and make them cranberries & watercress all drizzled apple...